The European Union is a unique economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. European Union is a developed form of multisectoral integration. Its competence covers member states economic, industry, rights of citizens, internal and foreign policies. The European Union provides funding and grants for a broad range of projects and programmes covering areas such as: education, health, consumer protection, environmental protection, humanitarian aid. Main beneficiaries of the European Union are: Small businesses, Farmers, Non-Governmental and Sivil Society Organizations, Youth and Researchers.
Youth is at the heart of EU cooperation with its Eastern partners. The EU promotes youth skills development and employability, education and training, and supports youth engagement in civic, cultural, academic and professional exchanges. Through its EU4Youth programme, the EU is dedicated to developing youth leadership and entrepreneurship through a variety of actions, including capacity building, fellowships, support to policy dialogue, as well as providing grants to organisations active in these areas.
Mercy Corps is an international non-profit organization working to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Mercy Corps has been working in Georgia since 2000, building productive, resilient, stable, secure and equitable communities in regions impacted by poverty and conflict.
Within the framework of Rural Development through Youth Entrepreneurship, Mercy Corps works with rural youth, young entrepreneurs and policy-makers to promote entrepreneurship and economic development opportunities among youth living in rural areas.”
Association of Business Consulting Organizations of Georgia
Association of Business Consulting Organizations of Georgia “ABCO-Georgia” is a professional Association, which unites leading Business Consulting Companies operating in Georgia. ABCO’s members provide high quality business consulting services in marketing, general management, financial management, different fields of agriculture and industry.
"ABCO-Georgia" was established in October 2001 by number of leading local business consulting organizations operating in the country, with purpose to join forces for creating a strong local network of capable business consultancy provider organizations.
The Mission of ABCO is to facilitate to the availability and accessibility of high quality and wide scope of business consulting services for start-up and existing businesses within whole Georgia.
Based on its declared Mission, the main goals of ABCO include the following:
- Supporting activities and development of its member Business Consulting Organizations (BCOs) and increase of their capacities and scope of services, ensuring the development of strong networking and fruitful cooperation among the association member BCOs and protecting their rights and interests;
- Through supporting further development of the existing and creation of new business-consulting organizations in Georgia, facilitating to overall upswing of local entrepreneurship, proper development of the existing enterprises and by increasing the knowledge and experience of local SME managers, helping the entire private business sector of Georgia to reach a new qualitative level.
Proceeding from the above goals, “ABCO–Georgia” defines its objectives as follows:
- Helping the existed Georgian BCOs in building their capacities, their provision with necessary financial, methodological and technical support in order to increase the scope and efficiency of their operations;
- Initiation of and facilitation to creation and development of new BCOs in various regions of Georgia;
- Support and coordination of the Association member BCOs’ individual activities and common projects, assistance in attraction of necessary financing for implementation of such projects;
- Initiation, development and implementation of various business development projects, combining and employing the technical, financial and human resources of the Association and its member organizations;
- Co-operation with international donor and development organizations in formulation of more focused and results-oriented SME development strategies and programs in Georgia in order to more efficiently utilize available donor resources;
- Representation and protection of ABCO’s member organizations’ interests in Georgia and abroad, their assistance in establishing contacts with potential foreign partners, investors and donor organizations in order to more efficiently provide their relevant services to local SME sector;
- Through the association network, provision of local SMEs with large scope of consulting, training, informational, technical and other types of assistance and services.
Currently Association’s network covers nearly all regions of Georgia. ABCO, through its local member organizations, is actively represented in all major towns and regional centers of the country.
Development Principles is a local non-profit organization that has been operating in Armenia with proven success since 2004.
Starting from 2015, DP became the program successor of the Armenian Branch of Heifer International, a US based international charity organization that has worked in 125 countries and 38 US States to end hunger and poverty in the world.
Development Principles has been successfully implementing development projects in rural Armenia for already 12 years. The NGO’s goal is the economic and social development of rural communities of Armenia by executing projects directed at the improvement of livelihoods of rural families and the empowerment of rural communities. Development Principles NGO invests in the establishment and development of small family farms, formation of rural cooperatives, development of dairy, fruit and rural tourism value chains. It contributes to the sustainable rural development by creating pro-poor income and social capital, by youth development and women’s empowerment and by applying environmentally sound practices to care for the earth in all projects.
Since 2004 Development Principles NGO has worked with and assisted around 11 000 rural families to achieve efficient agricultural production, improved access to formal markets resulting in more sustainable income and food security.